Natural and Organic Home Care Industry Resources
One of the biggest global trends in the past 20 years has been the growing interest in health and well-being. It's become increasingly important to consumers to improve both their own health, as well as that of the environment Natural and Organic household and home care products include cleaners, surface,laundry and dish cleaners, pet food, flowers and linens and fibers are becoming more in demand by consumers who are interested in their health and well-being. Jobs opportunities have grown in this area as a result of the increased demand for natural and organic household products.
These products are marketed and sold in department stores, boutiques, specialty home care stores, natural and specialty retail, mass market retail, direct-to-consumer sales including internet, and multilevel/network marketing.
A standard has defined "natural" when it comes to home cleaners, laundry detergent and dish soap.
The Natural Products Association (NPA) has expanded its attempt to bring consistency in the use of the word "natural" by now certifying and providing a seal for companies who manufacture and sell home care products that meet its definition.
Natural Products Association Standard for Home Care Products is a set of guidelines consumers can rely on to determine whether products labeled "natural" really are. Certification under this standard allows companies to use a natural certification seal on their products. This seal will enable consumers to identify at a glance that the home care products you make or carry on your shelves meet this high standard.
Under the NPA's standard, a product can be certified as natural if 95 percent of its ingredients are all-natural or derived from natural sources (flora, fauna, mineral), while the remainder, up to 5 percent, can come from a list of allowed synthetic ingredients. Products cannot contain any ingredients that are suspected of causing human health risks, and non-natural ingredients can only be used when commercially viable natural versions are unavailable. Animal-based materials created in situations where animals are harmed and byproducts of animal rendering are also not allowed.
Companies can only use specified processes, and none that significantly or adversely alter natural ingredients. They cannot engage in animal testing unless it is required by law. And they must fully disclose all ingredients.
Natural Home Care Products Industry Organizations
- Green Products Alliance
- Natural Products Association
- Organic Consumers Association
- Private Label Manufacturers Association
Natural Home Care Industry Publications
- E-Environmental Magazine
- Household and Personal Products Industry
- Natural Health Magazine
- Natural News
- Natural Product Marketplace
- Natural Solutions Magazine
- New Hope 360
- The Green Guide
Natural Care Care Product Industry Trade Shows
- Natural & Organic Products Europe
- Natural Products Expo East
- Natural Products Expo West
- Supply Side Show
Natural Products Industry Recruiters
- Consumer Products Recruiting Specialists
- JWoods & Associates---Janet L. Woods
- Sanford Rose Associates
- Blake, Hansen & Schmidt, Limited
- Braun Resources
- Dash Advisors
- Ed Nallyey Executive Search Intl'l LLC
- Inner Circle Sales
- Resource Executive Search & Recruitment
- KCO Resource Management
- Search Path of Chicago, Inc.