Product Line Description:
Sales Representative/ Customer Service (San Jose, Bay area)
compensation: All commission
employment type: full-time
Basic Function: Increase sales with new accounts. Maintain relationships with accounts at all levels, clerk to the CEO. The Sales Representative must have developed interaction skills and demonstrate a commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
• Seek out for new accounts and continue to maintain existing accounts, filling distribution voids, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
• Expect to spend 4+ Days per week in the field with customers.
• Grocery experience is a plus
• Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
• Prepare sales action plans and strategies.
• Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
• Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
• Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
• Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Sell ads, displays and demos to cover promotional periods.
• Setting op Demos with authorized demo services.
• Continue to be the main contact with OIS until another person is trained or hired to assume that responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales.
• High School Diploma/ GED, or equivalent work experience
• Ability to load and unload (up to 35 lbs.), push and pull rack of product, able to bend, reach and squat.
• Must have a valid CA driver's license.
• Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug test, and motor vehicle
report in the last 3 years, only 1, no driving-related suspension, revocation or cancellation, no disqualifying offense, no more than 2 moving violations and no reckless driving incidents. No major driving offenses including DUI/DWI, reckless driving incidents.
• Must be able to work independently
• Willing to work occasional weekends and Holidays.
• Ability to work safely
• Must be fluent in English - Bilingual Spanish/English not required but a plus.
• Good communication and people skills.
• Good organizational skills/detail oriented.
• Have knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Knowledgeable use of an I-Phone.
Job Type: Full-time
• San Jose, CA
• High school or equivalent
• Sales: 1 year
Required license or certification:
• Driver's License