|The Position: Quality Assurance Manager
Miyoko's Kitchen is a fast growing manufacturer of alternative dairy products, currently located in Fairfax and will soon be opening a new manufacturing plant in Petaluma. We are a values-driven company, filled with dedicated and passionate individuals striving towards a common goal. Our aim is to attract and hire socially-conscious individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, and excited to join us on this journey!
We’re looking for a reliable QA Manager with solid experience in ensuring all external and internal requirements are met before our product reaches our customers.
This position reports to the CFO, and assists with leading and directing the Quality Assurance department to ensure food making processes adhere to federal/state food safety regulations and requirements.
- Oversees the creation and development of SOPs and best practices based on recognized standards, to ensure products are made in a uniform manner, and achieve the same quality and standard in every batch. Actively participates in the production process to ensure company does not deviate from established production process. Reassesses SOPs, makes continuous improvements where necessary.
- Works with R&D team to establish quality standards when new products are being developed.
- Trains relevant staff on SOPs; oversees various aspects of the production process to determine improvements needed to meet required standards and ensures any changes are communicated to all relevant personnel.
Summary of qualifications:
• A degree in Food Science or related field from a regionally accredited college or university, or 2 or more years of experience in the field preferred. Must have at least one year of supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of quality assurance principles, food science and preferably, cheese-making.
• Comprehensive experience in GMPs, USDA rules and regulations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and follow-through.
• Comfort with identifying and communicating mistakes in other employees’ work, and skill in directing other employees toward the correct process.
• Positive attitude, with a willingness to work hard in an ever-changing environment.
• Bilingual fluency in Spanish (verbal) and English preferred.
• Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
• Excellent oral, written and communication skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills with demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
Job Location: Petaluma, CA
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: 25 miles
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: No
Minimum Experience Required: 1-3 years