|The Position: Production Supervisor
Miyoko's Kitchen is a fast growing manufacturer of alternative dairy products, currently located in Fairfax and will soon be opening a new manufacturing plant in Petaluma. We are a values-driven company, filled with dedicated and passionate individuals striving towards a common goal. Our aim is to attract and hire socially-conscious individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, and excited to join us on this journey!
This position works under the direction of the Production Manager, and assists the Manager with ensuring the safety and productivity of all production employees and successfully achieving long term and short term goals of the department.
Helps ensure that production of products meets or exceeds efficiency and company quality standards and specifications, policies and procedures including regulatory requirements, HACCP and GMP.
Responsible for assisting Production manager with developing the production schedule in accordance with projected sales plan.
Assists Production Manager with work flow balancing- division of responsibilities amongst employees on each shift. Assists with daily manpower planning including assignment of responsibilities. Works in conjunction with Production manager to determine number of employees needed per shift.
Assists with monitoring quality of incoming raw materials and finished products per company standards.
Develops production SOPs as needed.
Assists with developing preventive maintenance schedule of machinery, ensures maintenance schedule is adhered to, and reports maintenance and repair issues in a timely manner.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a food production facility, with at least a year in a supervisory position in a food production/manufacturing environment.
• Preference for someone who has experience in the cheesemaking industry.
• Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be detailed oriented, have strong leadership ability for motivating team members.
• Excellent time management skills required, ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities.
• Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferred.
• Ability to spend 75% to 80% a day on plant production floor.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
Job Location: Petaluma, CA
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: 25 miles
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: No
Minimum Experience Required: 1-3 years