|The Position: Cost Accountant
We are currently located in Fairfax, CA and will soon be opening a new manufacturing plant in Petaluma. The primary duties for this position involve plant cost accounting and expense control, secondary responsibility will be to assist with the monthly financial reporting. The position reports to the CFO.
Essential Duties:MUST HAVE - Manufacturing background
· Prepare, maintain and analyze product standard costs
· Oversee and reconcile inventory cycle counts and annual physical inventory
· Assist in preparation of capital appropriations requests
· Track/review cost reduction projects and maintain required reporting
· Identify issues and proactively initiate analysis (labor, material usage, spending, etc.)
· Cost reduction monitoring, reporting, and results auditing (where applicable)
· Assist with the monthly closing process.
· Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and prior year.
· Prepare special projects and financial analysis for discussions with management concerning product investment and/or pricing decisions.
· Assist with financial audits as needed and provide recommendations for procedural improvements and control deficiencies
· Other duties as assigned by CFO.Requirements:
· Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA, CMA, or MBA preferable or equivalent, complementary work experience
· Minimum 5 years of progressive cost accounting and analysis experience with a manufacturing organization. A strong emphasis should be put on knowledge of management accounting, cost and inventory accounting.
· Strong analytical skills are required to quickly grasp issues impacting the plant’s financial results
· Excellent communication and presentation skills are required
· Ability to manage projects, work independently, and communicate effectively to all areas and levels of the location
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across plant
· Must have a broad enough understanding of the business to be credible, make impactful changes, and support other projects that impact areas outside of accounting and reporting
· Focus on continuous improvement and the elimination of non-valued activities.
· Experience in ERP reporting systems.
· Strong MS Office skill set, especially Excel.
Job Location: Petaluma, CA
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: No
Minimum Experience Required: 3-5 years