|The Position: South Bay Area Territory Manager
South Bay Area Territory Manager: Implements sales strategy for assigned territory to increase revenue and profits for a well-established health and beauty care sales and marketing company. Seeks out opportunities with current accounts (primarily) to establish/maintain a high level of customer service, promote new products, fill voids, deliver sales presentations, and provide product knowledge.
- Sales: Support and achieve increased sales with existing customer base. Generate sales opportunities through store visits, email, phone contact, and networking; on occasion - develop new leads. Expand product selection, increase sales and introduce new products in existing accounts. Create and conduct effective proposals and plans tailored to each customer that identifies the customers’ business needs and offers solutions to those problems. Effectively follow through with strategy and plan in mind. Educate the store staff and provide product knowledge by conducting and/or participating in sales promotion and educational meetings - with the end goal of increasing sales. Relationship is formed as trusted advisor. Arrange and coordinate (and occasionally conduct) customer demonstrations at client locations. Occasional product placement audits. Monitoring product pricing, and item placement (audits).
- Merchandising: In order to achieve increased sales and profits: build, organize, and restock vendor displays when necessary. Must be able to read and follow a schematic.
- Extremely self-motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. Territory travel must be efficiently scheduled to cover grouped store visits. Must plan, and organize a schedule with 4 - 6 daily meetings per day with decision makers.
- Minimum of two years’ territory sales experience preferred.
- Nutritional and Natural Products sales (or similar consumer goods) preferred.
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities, and strong negotiation and closing skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written communications. Must be an articulate speaker, good listener and professional appearance a must.
- Strong computer and analytical skills. (knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must have valid driver’s license, reliable car, insurance, and good driving record.
- Ability to occasionally work early morning (5 am starts) and overnights as needed
- Ability to work flexible schedule (for example, 5am start one day, 10pm start the next)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and personal experience with the Natural Food Industry preferred.
- Must be able to travel to trade shows and out of state training for up to 4 days at a time, 2 - 3 times per year.
- Understands and utilizes electronic sales tools (IPad, Microsoft Excel, Repsly) to effectively administer sales objectives, and maintain customer database for assigned sales territory.
- Must be prepared to participate in retailer resets and new store sets, merchandising product per schematic and achieving eye level placement wherever possible.
- Accurately completing and submitting expense reports, mileage reports, and call reports
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must live in the proximity of the South Bay Area
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Other activities may be assigned as required by management.
Salary dependent on experience, plus generous spiff and bonus plan.
- Undergraduate degree preferred
Job Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: 25 miles
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Minimum Experience Required: 1-3 years