Position: Merchandiser: PC&S
Territory: Boulder, CO. (Northern Colorado & Wyoming)
Salary: Competitive Salary Based on Experience
FSLA Status: Non-exempt
New Connections is a Natural Food Brokerage based in the West, looking for an experienced, organized, self-starter to merchandise personal care and supplement products in the Northern Colorado and Wyoming territories Natural and Specialty stores. Candidates must be able to work flexible hours, including occasional overnights, weekends, and early morning starts. Position is 40 hours per week.
- Participates in retailer resets and new store sets
- Merchandises product according to schematic when it exists
- Merchandises product to gain best placement for NCM vendors while following fundamental retail standards
- Performs product audits in stores
- Completes follow up work from store visits in a timely manner
- Maintains product shelf tags and item placement at stores
- Fills product voids at stores as requested by Business Manager or Retail Sales Supervisor
- Maintains direct lines and inventories to determine if order is needed and verifies any customer returns with dept
- Places tester orders for any missing testers for shelf offered by vendors
- Communicates regularly with Business Manager about territory status
- Checks email at least twice per day and responds to messages according to division standards
- Checks voicemail frequently and responds to messages according to division standards
- Creates and turns in expense reports properly and on time
- Creates and turns in mileage reports properly and on time
- Creates a regular call schedule according to territory needs
- Creates weekly Call Reports and submits them on time according to division standards
Other duties and responsibilities can be assigned as necessary and determined by the Business Manager/Sales Supervisor.
Skills and Abilities
- Above average ability to read and follow a schematic
- Average knowledge of fundamental retail merchandising standards
- Ability to work early morning (4 am starts) and overnights as needed
- Ability to work flexible schedule (i.e. 4 am start one day, 10 pm start the next)
- Reliable transportation, valid Driver’s License for state working in, and good driving record
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Extremely self-motivated and self-directed
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
· Minimum of 2 years of merchandising experience or equivalent/sales experience a plus
- Professional or personal experience with the Natural Food Industry preferred-a passion for natural foods a plus!
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers
- Must be able to be on feet for 3 hours consecutively, up to 8 hours per day
- Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends (resets and new store sets)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must have valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- High School Diploma or GED.