|The Position: Vice President – Sales
We have an exciting opportunity for an accomplished and growth focused leader to join our team. The Vice President of Sales is responsible for the growth and high performance of The United States business. The ideal candidate should be passionate and excited about successfully driving year over year sales growth, margin improvement and launching new products.
As a member of the senior leadership team, the VP of Sales will provide direction in developing business strategies, objectives, and operating plans to improve performance and support strategic growth initiatives. This role manage the sales and customer support departments.
· Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
· Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
· Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
· Develops and executes strategic business plans to deliver the Company’s goals.
· Reviews market trends and develops appropriate retailer promotion programs.
· Prepares sales volume budgets by channel and assigns budgets to sales territories.
· Prepares expense budgets and approves budget expenditure.
· Represents the Company at trade functions.
· Works closely with marketing to provide input on sales and marketing materials.
· Hands on leader who moves easily from strategic/conceptual to the tactical daily issues.
· Develops and maintains relationships with key accounts.
· Plans and develops strategies and initiatives to ensure sales growth and attainment of targets.
· Influences the product road map, prioritizing customer-driven innovation.
· Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales programs.
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
· Strong national experience in the natural products preferred, Food/Drug/Mass a plus.
In addition to extensive experience in sales/sales management, the candidate should be enthusiastic, creative, and high-energy, should work well in a team-oriented environment and be an effective and clear communicator. The candidate should have strong management skills, be organized and exhibit the ability to effectively prioritize. He or she should be able to work well with the internal team and lead, motivate and inspire by example. The candidate should also have a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite. This position will require approximately 50% travel.
Compensation and Benefits
Job Location: SUGAR LAND, TX
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Minimum Experience Required: 10+ years